Our mood does not deteriorate without talking. You were in a good mood. You were enjoying, laughing and suddenly don’t know what happened that the mind became sad. Sudden mood swings happened and you became depressed. All this happens because your hormones are responsible for this. In this article, we are going to learn How to deal with mood swings for no reason.
Extreme or Rapid mood swings are also known as Bipolar disorder. Medications can help people to overcome from this disorder but this can have undesired harmful effects. Now a days, there are various successful natural remedies that can help you a lot. check how to get a handle on mood swing before they ruin your relationships.
Natural Remedies for Sudden Mood Swings
1. Have a Good Sleep :
Mood swings or having bipolar disorder can disturb a person’s sleep. During the manic phase, a person can sleep very little, but during the short phase, they can sleep for a long time.
No sleeping can trigger a mood change and getting proper and healthy sleep is also necessary to manage mood.Having a proper sleep hygiene can encourage people to get regular sleep.
- Try Avoid using mobile, laptop, or TV before going to bed.
- Make sure you are not taking heavy meal in dinner.
- There should be gap of at least 3 hours in your dinner and bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom should be fresh and comfortable.
- Avoid taking excess alcohol during night time.
- Going to bed and getting up at regular time.
Note : People with bipolar disorder who have difficulty sleeping should speak to doctor.
2. Do Pranayama Daily
Regular Pranayama and workout can help to manage mood naturally. There are many health benefits of doing Pranayama regularly. It can also prevent major and common problems like, depression, obesity, and constipation.
According to scientists, by doing workouts, many types of proteins and other biochemical substances are present in our body. These substances enter the blood and reach our brain and affect the neurological process. Our feelings, emotions and mood swings are also affected by this. But it has not been clear how many of the substances released during Pranayama are most important for mental health and depression.
- Bhramari Pranayama : It relieves negative emotions such as anger, annoyance, frustration and anxiety. it develop concentration and memory. This remedy is very useful to control bad mood swings. It is a simple process that can be done at home or office, anywhere. This pranayama is the best option for bad mood swings.
- Paschimottanasana : Stretching the spine releases tension. Relieves anger and irritation from the mind and calms it.
- Halasana : It Calms the nervous system by improving blood flow to the brain. Reduces tension and tiredness from back and neck cramping.
3. Moderation in all Things :
People with rapid mood swings and bipolar disorder are at greater risk of engaging in addictive behaviors. Australian Researchers have released that about 240 million people around the world are dependent on alcohol, more than a billion people smoke, and about 15 million people are addicted to drugs. Researchers says that the positive side of this is that it encourages people to work with energy towards their goals and ambitions.
On the other hand, it can mean that an individual is completely focused on the short-term rewards of a decision, while disregarding potential long-term risks.
- Becoming more aware of any tendency to engage in risk – for example, addictive – behavior.
- If you are in a big problem, talk and discuss with your friends and family.
- Without any hesitation take help of your loved ones to support any decision to avoid any destructive or addictive behavior.
- For example: if painting is your hobby, do that whenever you feel stressed or depressed. It will help you to get overcome from addiction.
4. Try to Maintain a Healthy Eating Lifestyle :
A good and healthy diet is an important lifestyle for a person with bipolar disorder. People with bipolar disorder were at higher risk of several other conditions including diabetes, low bone density, and heart disease. A healthy diet can help reduce the risk of these conditions.Certain food that helps you to manage sudden mood swings.
Fermented foods :
Research suggests that intestinal bacteria play a role in the development of a variety of mental health issues (like mood swings, bipolar disorder, depression, stress or tension). When we do not fully understand this relationship, then we know how food can directly affect it in a healthy and varied way. In fact, a meta-analysis of nearly 100 studies found that regular intake of probiotic-containing foods significantly reduced the risk of rapid mood swings.
Leafy Greens :
Leafy greens rank as a top food when it comes to fighting mood swings, based on their high nutrient content. This is according to a recent study that examined twelve nutritional amounts, all specifically linked to mental health.
Walnuts are already a top nut for heart health, thanks to their potent combo of omega-3s, vitamin E and antioxidants, but they can also reduce your risk for bipolar disorder and mood swings.
Dark chocolate :
Eating dark chocolate can positively affect mood swings and relieve symptoms of depression.
5. Meditation :
Even though it is not a cure for bipolar disorder, meditation can help you relax and reduce stress. It can help you overcome stressful or anxious thoughts, and can better control your mood. Meditation is easy and anyone can practice it at home or in the classroom.
Useful Tips :
- Choose a suitable time.
- Choose a quiet place
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Keep a relatively empty stomach
- Start with some warm-up
- Take a few deep breaths
- Keep a light smile on your face
- Open your eyes slowly and silently