Although the prevalence of thyroid disorders is increasing today, there are many treatment options available to patients. Of course, it takes a long time to see the effects of each treatment, but in the meantime there is something to encourage yoga and meditation can cure thyroid disorders naturally. In this article,” Yoga and home remedies to cure Thyroid ”we are going to learn some effective and easy home remedies for thyroid problems.
Adding a few minutes of yoga practice to your daily routine helps reduce stress and makes your daily life smoother and happier.
There are several types of Thyroid disorders but the two most common are:
1. Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid)
2. Hyperthyroidism (Overactive Thyroid)
It is very important to find out what kind of disorder you have. You can also check for any specific symptoms you may be experiencing, but be sure to check with your doctor first, as the doctor will advise you to have a proper medical examination before starting any further treatment.
You May Have Hypothyroidism If :
- If you gradually become depressed about daily life, you may feel low and become discouraged about everything. (( Also Read : http://ayurvedikhome.com/10-proven-natural-ways-to-deal-with-depression/ ))
- Even though you are doing your usual work, you feel more hospitable than usual.
- Nowadays you have no idea why you have constipation.
- Your friends start to notice that you have suddenly gained weight and you can’t give a reason because you yourself are wondering how you have gained weight without eating too much.
- Nowadays, when you look in the mirror, you notice that your face looks swollen.
- Your long thick hair suddenly starts to fall out and clusters of hair appear all over the house and you were worried to see this.
- Irregular menstruation e.g (PCOD or PCOS problems ) (this and other reasons can be, it would be better to check with a doctor). this disorder is a major symptoms of thyroid.
- Unnatural hair on your face is so overwhelming that you feel ashamed of it.(( Also Read : http://ayurvedikhome.com/natural-home-remedies-for-hair-fall-and-regrowth/ ))
- You see that your throat is swollen. Now is definitely the time to go to the doctor.
Yogasanas for the Treatment of Hypothyroidism :
- Sarvangasana : (standing on the shoulders) is highly recommended in this disorder. The pressure of this asana stimulates the thyroid gland to function properly and also stimulates the other glands in the head like the pituitary gland and the third eye gland which indirectly controls the function of the thyroid gland.
- Leaning forward on one foot (Janu Shirshasana).
- Matsyasana (Matsyasana).
- Halasan (Halasan).
- Stretch the body like a cat (Marjarasan).
- Suryanamaskar : It helps to reduce and maintain your body weight.
In addition to these yogas, the practice of pranayama (breathing techniques) such as Kapal Bhati (Brightening Respiratory System), Nadi Shodhan (Breathing through the Nose), Bhasthrika and Ujjayi Breathing (breathing techniques) is very helpful in reducing the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
You May Have Hyperthyroidism If :
- If you are overeating or eating less than usual. There will be a sudden dramatic change in appetite. And no matter how much you eat, you stay lean (that is, you try to gain weight).
- You don’t get a good night’s sleep.
- If you are sweating profusely.
- You will easily be annoyed by the small things.
- You are usually anxious, anxious and in a hurry about anything.
Yogasanas for the Treatment of Hyperthyroidism :
- Pool-like seat (Setubandhasana).
- Stretch the body like a cat (Marjarasan).
- Like a dead body (Shavasana).
- Doing (Surya Namaskar )have a steady and calming effect.
- pranayamas like Ujjayi, Bhramari (breathing like Bhramara), pulse cleansing and cooling are considered to be effective in controlling the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.
- Yoga sleep (like a dead body) helps reduce and calm stress in both hypo and hyperthyroidism. For patients with hyperthyroidism who do not sleep at night, yoga nap works like a nap during the day and provides adequate rest to the body.
Also in hypo and hyperthyroidism it is a good idea to meditate for a few minutes every day. Patients with hypothyroidism who, if discouraged by their disorder, need to be consciously physically active. And here meditation will benefit in strengthening your willpower.
Benefits of Meditation to Solve Thyroid Problems
You can meditate on Panchkosha and Hari Om.
The main cause of thyroid disorder is believed to be stress and meditation keeps the mind calm and relaxed and reduces daily stress. Pronouncing ‘Om’ for a few minutes every day also helps. Do a little action after the pronunciation: Put your hand on the thyroid gland and know that it is starting to heal. The positive energy of chanting stimulates the thyroid gland.
Before you start practice yoga for thyroid disorders, be sure to consult your doctor. Also these yoga techniques help to control the symptoms of the disorder, but these techniques are not an alternative to medicine. (Nevertheless, regular yoga practice for some time reduces the need for medication in some cases.) Although all yogas are consider good for patients with both hypo and hyperthyroid disorders, we have suggest above the following specific yogasanas as they will be useful if done.
Useful Tips for Thyroid Cure at Home
Coconut oil :
This useful remedy can also be used in this disease. Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil with lukewarm milk on an empty stomach in the morning and evening is also beneficial in this disease.
Coriander water :
One can drink Coriander water in this disease. To make this mixture, soak one to two spoon of coriander in a copper vessel in the evening with water and mash it well in the morning and filter it and drink it slowly.
The actions of Panchakarma in this disease in which we can stream on Shiro Abhyangam, Paad Abhyangam, Shirodhara, Vasti, Virechan, Utterana and the throat area or thyroid gland. We can do it at home. To get reduce cow’s ghee by pouring two drops of melted butter in the nose, from this we get benefit in this disease. these home remedies for thyroid problems will help you to get out from this disease.
Dietary instructions for Thyroid Disorders
- Include more fibrous foods in the diet.
- Eat less fats and carbohydrates.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and greens. In hypothyroidism it is better to avoid cauliflower, cauliflower and other types of cabbage
- Non-vegetarian foods, milk and dairy products (skim milk will be preferable), rice, spicy foods, fast food and preservatives should be taken in limited quantities.